The Devil is in the Details
May 23, 2014, 7:02 AM
Filed under: Art Gallery | Tags: , , , ,
Untitled, Day Three

Untitled, Day Three

Days three and five: I took these while it was getting windy, and  threatening rain, so to speed things up, I moved to the back of the building (less traffic, fewer people wondering what the hell we were doing: me setting up tripod and camera, while Jeff ran around taking iPhone pictures). The sweetest discovery was that giant blue door. We imagined horse-drawn wagons carting oil lamps out of the building, and through the cobblestone streets. And I love that ghost sign our friends Sheryl and Rebby showed us on the way to dinner one night: you can just make out a devil, his impish grin directing you straight to the company office – such a gorgeous piece of Pittsburgh history, it’s one of my favorites.

Blue Door, Day Three

Blue Door, Day Three

The Devil is in the Details: Ghost sign, Day Five

The Devil is in the Details: Ghost sign, Day Five

Garden Gate, Day Five

Garden Gate, Day Five

Love that blue door too and also the red door beside the ghost graffitti. Your red dress nicely fits the green and grey brown colours. Strange little chair in front of the blue door.

We originally went back to this space because of the red door (and the ghost sign!), and then I turned the corner and found that beautiful crumbling blue door. The chair is something Jeff found in the trash (and now sits in our studio). It came in handy for photos that day!

Love the door, too but the ghost sign is my favourite. The colours in all the photos are beautifully muted yet have an intensity, too. The composition of you on the chair really appeals to me, also. Love this polaroid thing you are into, Lisa!

Thanks, Katherine! I’m glad you love the ghost sign too. It’s hard to make out the devil (even in person), but from a bit of distance, he’s there. What a beauty! The building owner is thinking about repainting it.

Oh, no. I hope they don’t do it!

I’m happy that you’re happy with the Spectra. The colors are so insane!

I love my “new” camera so much -best birthday gift!