Polaroid Week: Days 3 & 4
July 18, 2013, 9:22 PM
Filed under: Art Gallery | Tags: , , , ,
north winebiddle street - day 3

north winebiddle street – day 3

Sometimes projects sneak up on you when you aren’t even thinking about it: stories emerge. I feel as if I’m becoming closer to Pittsburgh, as if I’m getting reacquainted with an old friend. It’s when I find these secret city streets: a missing house, and wide open space – that my heart soars. It reaffirms how much I love this part of my life, my home.

from camp ohio - day 3

from camp ohio – day 3

mt. washington: where a house once stood - day 4

mt. washington: where a house once stood – day 4

nowhere house - day 4

nowhere house – day 4

I’m so in love with “nowhere house.”

Comment by thevintagetraveler

so nice, thanks, lizzie! out of all the shots i took a few days ago, i think this one turned out the best, so that makes me happy.

So proud of the work you’ve been doing!

that warms my heart. your support this week (and always) means everything to me! xx

Love the corvair and oh boy the faded patina of these photos hearken back to another time and this is supported by your recurring motifs of roads and stairs. Thanks for sharing.

Michael – Thank you for identifying the type of car (I’ve been wondering what it was!). There was a matching red one too, but it was out on a s’mores run! I have a project in mind with the stairs and the roads – I’m making connections, telling stories.

These are haunting and beautiful. I love the first one.

Comment by naimavanswol

thanks, naima – taking these made me fall in love with my neighborhood – seeing it in a different way is exciting, another journey for me to take.

I know. i love exploring my neighborhood, too. I think we’re neighbors, by the way. 🙂

Comment by naimavanswol

i think you’re right – we’re not too far from each other :).

Last one really grabs me. The title, composition and colours are great, Lisa.

hi katherine – oh, i’m so glad to see you’re online again – i hope you’re doing well! i’m glad that you like the last photo, thank you! when i saw that empty lot last week, i went back to that neighborhood just to see what i could do with the space.