Haunted Film
October 17, 2012, 6:21 PM
Filed under: Pennsylvania | Tags: , , , , , ,

jeff flea-marketed while i wandered into the woods

My friend Stacy was kind enough to give me this old pack of Polaroid 600-film that she had in her house for years. In contrast to the pastoral, painterly photos I took at Judi and Wayne’s farm a few weeks ago, these are unpredictable, creepy and scarred in beautiful imperfection, making my heart soar with happiness.

meet Bobcat, a one-eyed, no-tailed barn stray

golden field

through the car window

the road disappears

The second and the last one are my faves, though they are all good. Expired film can be so frustrating but these have turned out great.

Comment by Debra Broughton

Hi Debra – Thanks for stopping by, and for the nice comments! I’m partial to the last one too – I love how it’s like pulling back a curtain and getting just a peek of what’s outside. Usually I don’t have luck with film as expired as this pack – I was pretty happy with the results!

these are SO great! also was reminded of Twin Peaks. fantastic!

Comment by Becky Colson

thank you, i’m so glad you like them! i almost didn’t post these because they weren’t ‘perfect.’

Magical, Lisa! Thanks for your comments on my blogs. Kind regards
Katherine

thanks, katherine – and you’re welcome! i love seeing photos from your collection. all the best – l

Hi Lisa–wonderful! I love Bobcat and the disappearing road. You never fail to amaze me, Thanks, M

michael – wow, thank you. that comment is so nice and put a spring in my morning here. i always appreciate your comments and i’m glad to have you as a reader! – lisa

So groovy! I love the weird things that film does. I miss Bob Cat.

Comment by jeff

totally groovy. i’m glad i took a chance with this film (thanks, stacy, if you are reading!).

the second one looks like something straight out of twin peaks. very cool.

thanks, kimmy – i’m convinced little bobcat has a certain magic about him that made the photo possible.