The Long Week
February 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
Filed under: Pennsylvania | Tags: , ,

It’s been a long week for both of us. Rejection letters, job uncertainty, broken appliances, splitting headaches. A week of careless mistakes and a list of high hopes that we wondered if we’d ever be able to fill. I remind myself of good things too: Valentine’s Polaroid film, enchiladas with Paul and Heather, taking silly pictures with Masha at a wedding, sweet coworkers who make me laugh and let me be ridiculous, hearing D is coming down from Boston for my birthday, sharing mum stories with my sister. Getting all dolled up with my best friend despite this roller coaster week.

It’s the way of life, not all days are a dance on roses. It’s good then to remind oneself of the good things. I like the photographs, particularly the last one opens of for interpretations. Very nicely processed.

Comment by munchow

thank you for the kind comments and encouragement!

We all have weeks like this and its mysterious and frustrating. Nice recovery though: made me listen again to Van Morrison’s “Days Like This” to put a smile back on. Yes, fun photos too.

i’m glad i could make you ‘dance’ too! it’s a nice escape, and fresh start to a new week.

as long as the “bad” is balanced out by the good, you can keep perspective. It seems like bad things happen in threes and feel really big, and then we can let the little blessings pass by and hardly even notice…at least I can! Beautiful photos too

Comment by Becky

it’s true, becky! i do let the good things pass me by sometimes, it’s hard to focus. but after laughing with monster this weekend, i put the disappointments into perspective. thanks for your support, sending hugs!

Aw, sometimes you just need to get dressed up and dance.

that’s the truth, sister!