Somewhere Over Florida
February 17, 2012, 6:52 AM
Filed under: Florida | Tags: , , ,

For as much traveling as I’ve done in my life, I still get nervous every time I fly. Take-off used to freak me out, but after the bumpy winter ride back from the Keys, landing scares me more, watching day turn to night through small sheets of rain. Before boarding, I looked around at the other passengers, and their calm calmed me. People napping, listening to iPods, reading magazines. There is comfort in the ordinary. I know it’s ridiculous, but it’s what worked to get me through the ride – that, and taking pictures. I never tire of looking at cloud photos, and I don’t tire of taking them.

PS Any chance you might be able to add a “like” button? I am often not able to comment but I look at all your posts and would like to give you support in some way.

I finally caught up with the rest of the world and added the ‘like’ button. Thank you for suggesting it!

Do you know Ephem’s blog? You must check it out if you don’t.
Many of his photos have a wonderful spiritual energy, like many of yours.

Your top cloud photo is absolutely superb. I want to dive into it!

I just took a peek at Ehpem’s blog and love it already what I see – thank you for sharing it! The black and white photos are gorgeous and may fill the travel bug void when I’m not on the road.
(thank you for the cloud comment too!)

Hi Katherine – thanks for the plug! I noticed the resulting visits 🙂

And hi Lisa, I really like your photos and will be back for more. The kids foot brings back all kinds of memories of travelling with my daughter when she was very small. And I really like the bottom cloud and plane picture.

Comment by ehpem

Thanks, Ehpem for following and for the photo comments – I’m now following your blog too.

all great photos, Leese! my favorite is the baby Skechers..of course!

Comment by Becky

thanks, becky! she was a cute kid, and inspiring too – if she could kick back and relax 35,000 feet in the air, i figured i could too.

The silouetted plane is fabulous and the cloud photos are ethereal. And those running shoes are perfect for running across the cloudscapes! thanks, great. Michael

thank you – i took that last photo while sitting on a bench in the key west cemetery (of all places). the planes fly so low over the island, i happened to look up and catch one.

Ah, Clouds. I love the feeling of home that it evokes. Well done, Lisa. Great Images!

thanks, kimmy! cloud photos remind me of you, so let this be an homage to yours.
these remind me of the ocean too.

I love that we have complimentary blog entries this week.

me too! photos taken in different places, different times.