The Mattress Factory
July 18, 2012, 6:48 AM
Filed under: Pennsylvania | Tags: , , ,

One of my dearest friends came all the way from Boston to visit me over my birthday weekend (Month? Usually it’s a 30-day celebration!), which gave me the opportunity to play tourist in my city. I took D to the Mattress Factory, an installation museum in the North Side. We mostly talked (and boy, can we talk a lot) and then allowed ourselves quiet when taking photos. It reminded me of my grad school days when I should have written stories, but instead, went out on photo shoots with Danny. I hold him responsible for giving me the camera bug (for which, Daniel, I am ever grateful).

About these ads

2nd shot of the balloons is very nice. reminds me of my own boys bd not too long ago. http://zoophotos.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/twin-gold-birthdays/

Comment by zoo-octan

thanks! i’m partial to that shot too (the second one) – it feels like a memory.

I love the balloonroom pic. However, I like the balloon detail better! :)

Comment by Allegheny Eats

The last photo is like something out of “THX 1138.” And your self-portrait is beautiful.

Comment by jeff

thanks, b – i’m partial to the ‘detail’ one too – the light was very pretty at that time of hour.

<3 <3

It is lovely having amazing mentors and muses. I am so glad Danny sparked such a love of photography in your life. What an amazing gift he gave to you that you now share with all of us. It is funny the paths and people that appear in your life, seemingly all by accident, that change the course of everything.

i have a few people to thank for inspiring me to do photography (ms. rullo!) – jeff, too, is a huge support. what other man will stop cars on lost highways, or hold me steady as i hang over windows to get that one shot? i’m lucky!

There is always a network. I am honored to be a part of your list. Thank you so much for including me. And kudos to Jeff for being the best husband/photo assistant around!

and i’m honored to be part of yours! i’m always grateful that i have you as artistic support and inspiration <3.